Hi kitchen lovers,
Yesterday I was in a rush and I had to make my lunch. As I was feeling super creative, I decided to make something up. I thought that it was going to come something horrible because It was very simple and fast, instead of it, came out to be one of the best dishes I’ve ever tasted!!
Now that you’re probably curious, here is the recipe:
- ½ butternut pumpkin
- 1 tea cup of gluten-free couscous (I used corn couscous)
- 1 ½ tea cup of water
- ½ vegetable broth
- a handful of Dried grapes
- a handful of nuts
- 1 soap spoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 soap spoon of olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Cut the butternut pumpkin in small squares and sauté it in a pan with a dash of olive oil and some thyme. Wait until it’s soft;
- While you wait for the pumpkin, start to make the couscous. Put them in a bowl with a 1 ½ of water and the vegetable broth melted in it, cover them and wait until they’ve absorbed all the water;
- Now that we have all the ingredients cooked, let’s make the sauce!! You just need to mix all the ingredients that I’ve told you to make the sauce and it’s done;
- Now mix everything with the nuts and the dried grapes and top the dish with the sauce and that’s it!!
Simple and super-fast right?? The combination of the flavours it’s just perfect and that sauce… Yummy!! I made this gluten-free option as I’m intolerant, but of course you can use other type of couscous. Hope that it was useful for when you’re in a rush or even if you’re not and that you’ll like it as much as I do!!